Sunday, August 6, 2006

Long Days...

Its been a few long days. I'm tired, and trying to get enough sleep so i am as efficient as I can be.

I worked the desk all Thursday and was working it on Friday. In the middle of the afternoon, Brandon came up and said he needed to be taken to the ER. Brandon we come to find out via rumor mill had saved someones face by taking a shard of glass in his leg while holding up part of the celing they were gutting. Well, that was the story told to us. He actually was carrying a broken mirrior and got it in his leg. He had gone to the ER on the 27th, and was returning because his leg has become yellow and he couldn't really stand on it. So off to another free clinic I went. We decided we didn't like them and went to the ER. We arrived at the ER at 3, at 7 I ran out and got some dinner and at 12 he was finally called in to the actual ER exam room. We left around 2. He has to take anti-biotics, but other than that for now, he's ok. But i was tired.

We finished our house yesterday. We got out all the gross exploding cans, the toilets which had been full and all the lenolium your little heart could desire.

We will be starting (and hopefully finishing up) a new house today.

Last night there was a Distro (short for Distrobution) Prom and people went swimming. I unfortunately was too tired and went to bed at 10. Boo me the party pooper.

In other news:
I have a ton more mosquito bites - steriod shots may be on the next wish list
We had real sweet tea last night, i was in heaven
Marian sent cookies, and I (as well as my crew) Love her for that!
Luke, one of our fearless coodinators left today and Nile (one of our cremembers) is leaving tomorrow, VERY SAD
the rest of our crew disperses within the next week :(
My hand is healing nicely

thats all for now folks. I'll see you home in a little over a week :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you posted again (even if I seem to be the only one commenting -- I have apparently become that freak :)).