Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Back!

My last few days in New Orleans were spent quite different from the first.

On Sunday, I went to the Aquarium (where i threw up by the sea turtles because of my lovely parasites). I headed back to the hotel where Mike and I sat by the pool. It was delightful. Following the pool, we took naps, then headed out on the town for some good solid food. I had that amazing grilled cheese, but it was not as amazing as it had been before. I also was excited about the dollar daquris, but quickly was reminded that my medicine made alchohol verbotten :(. We returned to the hotel for our last common ground meeting. Although i was sad to say it was my last meeting, i was excited to go home. I think the break from St. Mary's will prepare the crew for a better run as an organization and I am looking forward to doing more work with them in the future. A January trip is begining to be looked at by the group of us who met and became close. We'll see how that goes.

That night Mike and I went out and he took pictures across the the french quarter. I am a little upset that i didn't have my camera with me at all, but also thankful because it meant that i needed to process everything i saw right there. However, i did spot this image, and Mike (as amazing as he is) took the picture.

Monday morning a group of about 10 made our way to the Fleur De Lis breakfast nook, and had a final meal together. I'll miss everyone so much. Each person brought out a new thing in me and reminded me of things in the past that i had forgotten or purposely buried. We said till i see you again to our new friends.

I realize the value in all relationships although some are tougher then others. They may not always turn out the way you want, but they have their reasons and values. To each their own, but i have come to a better respect of all my relationships. They teach me different aspects of life, and without them, i wouldn't be me.

After breakfast, Mike and I headed to my favorite gift shop. Its less stupid than all the rest. It has more classy gifts. It also has my favorite shirt which says "break the mold" with black and green mold spots around it. Yum. Mold. We got back to the hotel, where our creepy new roomate sat watching the news. We packed and headed to the airport.

The airport was smooth sailing. The first flight i had a man of larger caliber sitting on my left, with his arm and some of him crossing over the arm rest on to me. I tried to cuddle over to Mike but, he wasn't having much of that, which is fine. I slept some of that flight. Spent the rest reading "And the Band Played On", which in book form is better than the movie, and listening to my ipod. We arrived in Philly with enough time to run to our plane. Boarded that, and found to our delight that it was pretty empty. Mike and I had rows to ourselves. Quite a nice change from before. We taxied for a long time and arrived in Boston only a few minutes late.

Girl was there to meet me which was so nice. I couldn't have imagined how happy i was to see her face.

I am now at my new apartment, starting to put my stuff away. Its hard though, to have to go through all my stuff and remember what i have just been through. I have all of this crap, and there are so many people in New Orleans alone, who have nothing. I think i am going to go through some internal struggle in the days to follow, but i hope to some how get through. Thank you everyone for your support. Love you!!

0 comments: