Friday, August 25, 2006

because giardia wasn't enough...

I was at work yesterday, recovering from the fact my landlord said we could have no cat :( when a friend from New Orleans called. Apparently she was having some blood tests done and it showed traces of Hepatitis A. Her doctor suggested she call all of those she lived with in NOLA just incase.

As i recieved this message, i was sniffleing and feeling a little warm from a possible fever. I have been feeling run down all week, but i thought that was me getting back into the work thing. I called Taiwo, our nutritionist/medical googler and she asked of my symptoms and reccomended I go to the doctor immediately.

I had a ton of blood work done and x-rays and wonderfull other things.


The outcome as of 9 am on Friday morning. There is evidence in my blood and liver of a parasite (great, we knew this!) and my liver enzymes are up saying that my liver is damaged. She also mentioned something about toxins. I will find out within the next 3 days whether i have it, but the dr. is pretty sure that i do. WONDERFUL.

So, i now get to hang out at home, alone. And I'm really angry and frustrated.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you spots. You can pretend to care at a library that's stifling hot and I will stay home alone in bed. ;)