Monday, September 18, 2006

the waste of space takes up a new hobbie...

So i finished watching Friends this weekend. It was quite an emotional expirience, I won't lie. I guess because I could relate to these characters (more than i could with Sex and the City). In Friends, they were a group of normal people - verses SATC (I'm sorry, it is just not 100% relatable to a 23 year old volunteer coordinator!). I felt attached to the characters, so i am sad to see them go. Sure i can catch a rerun, but seriously, i watched it from episode 1 till the end. I love those folks! I am also a hopeless romantic for nerds, and I love Ross. Sigh. I am a loser.

Anyway. Friday for some reason everyone i know was having a rough day. Bonus for me, the Living Center was closed because we had an all staff trip to the Museum of Science. It was really fun. We then went to the Cambridge Side Galleria. We had some good fun just shopping around. We did go in to Brookstone where there is a delightful little machine designed to work your abs. However, it is very, how shall i say, scandalous. The OSIM® iGallop™ is the revolutionary exerciser that can help you shape and tone your tummy, hips, seat and thighs. The secret is in its zero-impact, tri-axial riding action. Your body automatically responds to its multidirectional movement, and this balancing engages certain muscle groups and may help improve coordination and posture. Its something that you ride like a horse (and that is the motion too). Its entertaining to say the least. Back to the point. So on my way back from the MOS and the CSG, i called my dear Marian and asked her if she wanted dinner and what did she want. Marian requested mac and cheese (my personal favorite). I headed in to the supermarket, right towards the Kraft. But then something stopped me. I said, I can make this myself. And guess what?

I DID! I made mac and cheese by myself. I am not going to lie, it wasn't the best thing. It was too salty. But was edible and liked by all. So go me.

Saturday we were supposed to go to the fair, but most of us were sickly, so it has been postponed. So i finished Friends. Marian and I ran a few errands on Saturday evening and then spent the night in. It was good to do nothing because i still have been feeling a little sick.

Sunday was spent in the good ol' Apple Orchard. Of course it was not my apple orchard. My Apple Orchard is Wilken's Fruit and Fir Farm in Yorktown Heights, NY. Ok, so its not really mine, but i worked hard there and loved every minute, even when i was taken over by poision ivy. We went to Honey Pot Hill Orchard which is a good orchard. We picked Gala and Cortlands and got ourselves some wonderful Cider Doughnuts. As we were in the country store, i saw some eggplants and decided to have eggplant parmigan for dinner. Thats right folks, for another night I made a real dinner! I cooked, I fried, i boiled. And it was decent. Again, things could've been done better, but it was good!

I fear that i may take after one of my cooking teachers. I have noticed in these 2 eventful moments, that if i taste the food and don't like it 100%, i don't want anyone else to eat it. I used to tell the Wentworth Boy he was silly when he did things like that, but i am starting to see where he is coming from (look how much you've taught me!!).

Today is a new day at work, full of wonderful frustration and left over eggplant parmigan! Yay!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never been so proud... *Tear* *sob*


if your good i'll tell you some more of my secrets...

me