Friday, September 8, 2006

Love is in the air!


I finally met someone!

Last night, I was out enjoying coffee, muffins and conversation with some friends. Marian and I were approached by 2 classy young gentleman. One, wearing a spiffy, plaid buttondown had a fascination for animal balloons and the other, proudly wearing a Wentworth sweatshirt had an interest in shiny things as well as a passion for dying his hair. The boys talked their way in to coffee and muffins and then eventually joined in to our discussion. After, as we were all heading out, I was pulled aside by Wentworth Boy and was asked if he could have my number. He said he'd like to go out sometime and then perhaps head back to my place if things went well. I politely declined, but told him we'd chat more about it next week.


Lets dissect this story for the truth:
"Last night, I was out enjoying coffee, muffins and conversation with some friends."
I was with my Thursday night bible study, out on the Boston Common.

"2 classy young gentleman"
Boys about 18, maybe.

"One, wearing a spiffy, plaid buttondown had a fascination for animal balloons and the other, proudly wearing a Wentworth sweatshirt had an interest in shiny things as well as a passion for dying his hair."
The buttondown shirt was dirty and Wentworth Boy's interest was actually in pilfering our coffee pots and tambourine.

"The boys talked their way in to coffee and muffins..."
We give out coffee and muffins to everyone....

"...and then eventually joined in to our discussion."
Stayed for our worship circle and sharing of the Word.

"He said he'd like to go out sometime and then perhaps head back to my place if things went well."
Actual conversation: "I'd like to take you out sometime cause I think you're pretty cool. Maybe if things go well at dinner we could go back to your place 'cause you know, I don't have one.

"I politely declined, but told him we'd chat more about it next week."
Simply a ploy to see if they'll come back. Maybe we can help the boys out a bit with resources and offer love (agape love of course).


I just thought after the past week, it was quite humorous that I was asked out. It makes me believe that I can be asked out and that there still some hope left in the world. So thanks Wentworth Boy (not to be confused with the Wentworth Boy).

In other news:
The Ramification CD comes out tonight!
I learned how to deep fry things!
I made
beignets.
Friends of mine finally have adopted a baby and are very happy.

the end.



You, reading my blog, need to do more volunteer work. Come to the Boston Living Center!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the Wentworth boy - thats kinda cool - miss you