Monday, September 11, 2006

Lets add some highlights for Suzi's life.

1. I was reading Glamour and the title of the "article" is The Love and Sex Top 10.

The subject of interest: Top 10 way couples meet.

1% by chance, like on the street
1% their neighbors
1% at the gym
1% through a dating service
2% at church
3% on the internet
6% other ways: they grew up together, etc...
13% At a nightclub, bar, cafe or party
34% through family and friends
38% at work or school

With this break down, the only logical explanation of why I am single comes down to this. Its everyone else's fault, duh. 34% find their love from friends and family -now people, lets get on this one!
Ok, maybe I failed in the "meet at work" department due to the gayness factor, but whatever. Also, the work thing didn't work to well last year, so I'd rather not risk work and my heart again (I'm still in recovery).
This Sunday at church (one of the options) we had meet your neighbor Sunday (another option) - which is a total of 3% mind you. After service we went to meet our neighbors. Let's just say Marian and I are moving.
All in all, I have definitely put myself out there. Just so we get this all on the table.



2. My group's acappella cd came out. Check out the Suffolk Ramifications at to grab a copy :) There is still a slight delay due to waiting for a license. We supposedly have it, but not actually. On Friday, we had a preliminary release party on Friday night to hear it as a group. The 2004-2006 Ramifications came together at SU, and heard the finished product. It was really cool because friends who I haven't seen in a long time were there as well as the producer of the cd. It was just so nice. Oh and ps. I sound AMAZING. Buy the cd to hear it. Voices in the Attic. That's where its at :) So get yourself in gear and go to www.suffolkrams.com or go to Suffolk University's Performing Arts Office at (617) 305-6307 or e-mail them at performingarts@suffolk.edu.


3. Sunday, a group of us from the BLC went on a really nice and long bike ride. The bike I was using was a lovely hand-me down. I've never had hand me down, due to the only child syndrome I suffer from. So, I got up on Sunday morning, put on my yoga pants and my new running shirt (from my gap outlet spree) and hair up in pigtails. I borrowed my roommate's helmet, a lovely pink with cute bumble bees on it. The bike was in more need of some repair than i thought. The chain and gears were slightly rusty, the bike seat is very uncomfortable and it doesn't shift very well into the next gear. Ok, so it didn't shift in to the next year. But everyone should be very proud of me. I biked up some really big hills without stopping. I was so proud of me - so you should too! We biked all over, Somerville, Cambridge, and then in to Boston. We're preparing for the Hub on Wheels ride on October 1st. The team is going to do a 30 mile ride. I'm excited. Hopefully I can fix some of my bike, or borrow someone else's before the ride cause i don't think my tusch can take much more. We'll see what happens!

4. I'm up to season 8 in Friends.

5. Daniel Harrel - the associate pastor at Park Street- showed that he was prepared to officiate at Monica Geller and Chandler Bing's wedding. If you watch "the one with the truth about london" (season 7, disk 3, episode 4 on the disk) Joey talks about having and sharing and giving and receiving. Daniel on Sunday used almost the exact same words. It was funny to Marian and I. hahaha.

6. I went for a quick run today. I needed to get some things out of my head. I had hoped the run might help clear my head, but really it made it much cloudier. It seems that the running actually juggled the ideas and made it much more complicated for me. I've been working on my heart and what it's feeling. I ask you, if you do pray, pray for my heart. Pray for clarity and understanding. Pray for strength for me to do what's right and how to handle things. I want to be able to do both what my head and heart say, but they are very different things. Sigh.





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll start workin' on finding you a man here in my office - there's 150+ educated, talented and pretty darn good lookin' people here. I'm joining the volleyball team so maybe we can work up a meet and greet at a game or something :-)

Love you, hun.