Wednesday, October 11, 2006

You're fired. Boo.

So, I had a volunteer come in last week and tell me he worked here a few years ago and would like to come back. Things like that always make me nervous because I wonder why did you stop volunteering. But I asked this volunteer why he stopped and he said because he got a job. That to me sounds very logical. I got a job and now can not work during the day. Alright. I'll take that.

I scheduled him to come in Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and was excited for the possibility of having a long term volunteer to come in and knows what he is doing. Phew, what a relief.

So, I had a meeting with the kitchen, told them all the new volunteers. No one said anything, so we went along with it. Yay, new volunteers.

Today, I shall call him TV for The Volunteer, came in . TV signed in at 9:45 like a good lil' volunteer and made his way to the kitchen. The kitchen guy recognized him right away. TV had apparently once fainted in to the sink in the kitchen and almost drown himself. Wonderful, our kitchen man thought, perhaps he's changed.

At 11 o'clock or so TV walked out. We assumed to smoke, so we said nothing of it. However, now at 12:01, TV is still missing, and will have to be fired, asked never to come back. ever. How very sad.

Also, to put how desperate we are in to perspective, our Kitchen guy didn't fire him immediately because we needed the help today. Out of my lovely oh, 8 volunteers, we had 5, and one was a walk-in and one was fired.

0 comments: