Friday, October 20, 2006

5 important points of my life today.

1. I had a panic attack this morning brought on by a spider.
I was looking for my keys, when I looked in the corner of the porch and there it was. A large gross spider. Then I flipped out. Started not to breathe and had to sit on the stairs and poor Marian had no clue what was going on. I tried to explain to Marian, but I wasn't doing very well, and finally she saw what I was talking about. By the time she tried to do something, I was already gagging, and had to run up the stairs and get myself promptly to our bathroom where I sat for a good 5 minutes. When my savior Marian came back in, she had conquered the beast with our broom. THANK GOD FOR Marian. She deserves a treat tonight, so I am making the planned dinner I was going to make anyways. Chicken and broccoli pizza! Yum.



2. One volunteer showed up today. It was a bad day. I just don't get it. And when i call the volunteers scheduled, they say things like "oh, you know, i just didn't think". Duh, you didn't think. Get your asses in here. I have a 2 o'clock meeting with the kitchen, hopefully, they won't use the meat cleaver on me. Maybe I'll be spared.

3. I have made up a new word. As Sean says, a "suzi-ism". The new work is editable. Meaning something can be edited. Used in a sentence : Gmail's pictures are frustrating because they are not very editable.

4. I have been burned so many times that I was convinced that Patterson was through with me after only one week. I figured because he and this other girl, Cathy, had been talking again, he only had room for one girl in his life to talk too. It seems to be the record from the past. However, i was surprised to see a message from the dear boy this morning. Perhaps we will be friends. That will be nice.

5. I want the new Sting cd. Would you like to buy it for me? I would think so. So on this cd, Sting is playing the lute, which is really cool. And one of the songs is "Come Again". To the naked ear or the non- shaker high school chorus graduate this could mean nothing. However, to me...

Come again! sweet love doth now invite
Thy graces that refrain
To do me due delight,
To see, to hear, to touch, to kiss, to die,
With thee again in sweetest sympathy.

Come again! that I may cease to mourn
Through thy unkind disdain;
For now left and forlorn
I sit, I sigh, I weep, I faint, I die
In deadly pain and endless misery.

All the day the sun that lends me shine
By frowns doth cause me pine
And feeds me with delay;
Her smiles, my springs that makes my joy to grow,
Her frowns the winter of my woe.

All the night my sleeps are full of dreams,
My eyes are full of streams.
My heart takes no delight

reminds me of days spent in my high school chorus room, singing away with my dearest chorus teacher, Ned B. Fleischer - a man I idolize. He was such a strong figure for me at SHS and to hear the songs that we sang being played by the amazing Sting and a lute. Well, it just is a happy ear memory for me.

So, buy it for me :) Thank you.

1 comments:

Girl said...

Suz...I have it on my ipod. If I can figure out a way to get it to your lappy and then burn it you can have it.

--girl