Sunday, October 22, 2006

insomnia.

So i worked Saturday, of course. I always work. Thankfully however, there were enough volunteers and the problem was more of what to do with the volunteers than, make them appear out of no where.

After work, i came home and relaxed for a bit and then Marian and i went to Costco, Home Depot, Michaels and Target. At Costco, i FINALLY got glasses. I am so excited for that. I haven't been able to see very clearly yet, so this will be great. I'll take some cute pictures, most likely emo-ish when i get them in the next 2 weeks or so. We also got some other stuff for our Thursday night group. Then at Home Depot we bought paint for our art deco project. Which will be lots of fun. Since Girl is moving out and after Sarahly moved out, we lost a few decorative items. Marian was looking at some stuff that inspired us from Pier 1 and we're takking it from there. in Michael's Marian got some new knitting needles. Target was not as successful. Target didn't have the cd i'd been looking for, but i did get a new white button down, a vest and a purple shirt. So, it was some what good. Also, we got frames, so i am going to start printing some pictures from Africa. It will be nice :) We came back pretty late and then i realized that i forgot my phone in the zip car, so i had to go back and get it.

When i got back to the house, i started dinner. I saw this recipie for a chicken - broccoli pizza. It looked very good. SO i started making it, and the chicken was frozen, i didn't have all the ingredients, etc... should've been a sign. I decided to use cottage cheese instead of the rocotta which the wentworth boy said was a bad idea. Then i thawed the chicken and breaded it and made the pizza. The edges started to brown so i put tin foil on the edges. Then the middle started to brown. At this same point, Marian's speech got lost on the computer. So i made a deal with her. I'll find the speech if she fixes the pizza. Well i found the speech and Marian put the pizza on broil. In less than 2 mintues the pizza was black. So we picked off the burned cheese and put on new cheese, cooked it for a little bit more and then ate it (it was alright!).

This morning Marian and Rebekah were speaking at the 8:30 service. Therefore, i had to sleep. However, I didn't sleep. I got maybe 3 hours. I just tossed and turned. I sat up and read mail, read books, listened to music... and nothing helped, at all. But we went to church, and Marian and Rebekah did great, we spoke to a few people. Then we went to brunch at the Kinsale, and had the worst service every. Sleepy Marian and I came back home and went our seperate ways, me to clean and her to sleep. Patterson called, and we talked for over an hour. Gosh it's so good to hear from him. It's so nice to talk to him and just have him around again. I feel like I've been able to fill a hole that's been there for 3 years.

I left shortly after Patterson's call to get Sean, and we went to a photo show out in Newtonville. Beautiful peieces of art and even better networking. It was great. I had a great time. I feel like the boys in our bible study have been very scared of us girls, but it's really nice seeing them come out of their shells and hanging out with us on a night other than Thursdays.

I am hoping that i can sleep tonight. However, its 10:00 and i'm not tired at all. I think i am stressing too much about stuff that i can't even fix. It's things out of my control. How can I relax, get rid of thoughts i can't even control. Sigh. I hope to sleep tonight. I have a nice full 6 day work week ahead including a dentist appt tomorrow - yay! (grrr).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you a bleeding-heart Kennedy liberal? Everyone from Mass seems to be a bleeding-heart Kennedy liberal.

suzib said...

The "bleeding-heart liberal" is a misdirected do-gooder, a well-meaning but over-emotional sap.


That's not me. Yes, i care about a lot. I want to make sure that everyone has a fighting chance. I do think that our government has a responsibility to its citizens and provide them with certain things like health care and affordable places to live and immediate & acceptable disaster relief, for example. But i also feel like citizens have a responsibility in making some of that happen too. I don't cry over every sad injustice, but true i am hurt by them. Its how I am, and what I am, and i am proud to be called a bleeding heart liberal - i'd rather have me around then folks who don't care at all. So thanks for the compliment :)