Monday, July 2, 2007

cup-cake-mania amoung other things...

Sometimes at "work", I have time to do unnecessary on-line research about random things, like cupcakes. I have found them to be my new hobby and want to make many, many cupcakes, all different styles and decors.

My dear Marian was having a rough week, so i decided to try to calm her down with a relaxing Friday at home. This included her all time favorite chicken parmigiana calzone and special snack of scallops as well as freshly made cupcakes by moi. And then a movie, Best of Show.

The calzone and scallops were easy, all i had to do was call a number and they would come! I got to work on the cupcakes right away. I was making s'more cupcakes. This included a graham cracker bottom, a hershey kiss in the middle of the vanilla/graham cracker cake topped with marshmallow frosting with sprinkled graham crackers. There were a few issues. The graham cracker bottom didn't stick very well, sadly. It makes a mess every time you eat it. I feel as though there is not enough chocolate (i am thinking of substituting the vanilla cake for chocolate next time). And lastly, the marshmallow frosting is a bit too much sugar. I think i could've gotten away with less sugar added. Otherwise, they are delightful!

Marian, John and I ate our food and watched Best of Show to which John kept falling asleep and finally left and went to bed. Marian and i tried to watch a second movie, but both fell asleep. When i woke up, i had believed it was unbelievably late, when in actuality, it was only 10:30. I went to bed anyway. 'Cause I'm cool like that.

0 comments: