Monday, July 2, 2007

Jesus loves bikers too....

Saturday, i went to Ali's family's house to help out with a party. Ali's dad last year had gotten in to a motorcycle accident, and was in bad shape. Thanks to the medical team and friends and family, he pulled though, and is back on the bike. The party was to thank everyone for all the support given over the past year. A lot of people from their church and his christian biker group came over to partake in the festivities.

Ali and I also had wedding cupcakes to drop off. So we piled in the car, with 100 cupcakes, and a large flaming sheet cake in tow. Our neighbor commented on how we always go to parties, and that we must be cool. Ali and I laughed at that, if he only knew we thought.

We headed out on 93 to Hanson. On our way, we saw a Jeep get in to an accident. His tire blew, and he was only about 100 feet behind us. Thankfully we were far enough away and he controlled his vehicle as best as possible, no other cars were involved.

We arrived in Hanson about 10:30. Ali's mom said she had been waiting since 8am for us to get there. We expected there to be a TON of work to do, but in reality, a few veggies needed to be cut, and a few of the snacks needed to be put out on the tables, along with tablecloths and cutlery. Once we were done with that, Ali and I played on the trampolined for a good 30 minutes. It's really fun and not something i ever had growing up. I feared falling off like so many of those "funny home videos" i've seen.

Water balloons were our next task. We filled up about 70. It was hard work surprisingly. Guests began to arrive shortly there after. Ali and i were eventually assigned to food duty, her on the bbq, and me making sure everything was stocked. The food was fantastic and plentiful. Ali can make me a hot dog any old day. We eventually brought out the first batch of water balloons which went fairly quickly and Ali and i were back to making more. The second fight was quite excellent, barely anyone left dry!

We cleaned up, did a little more trampoline and wiffle ball and then i was taken out on the bike with Ali's dad. I LOVED IT. I was nervous at first, but once we got on the road, i thought it was so much fun. The faster he went the more i smiled! It was fantastic.

The ride sadly ended, Ali and i dropped off the cupcakes at Stinch's and we headed home where we slept forever. It was a great Saturday.

PS - please pray for Stinch's little sister who is at Children's hospital for an inflamed liver and gallbladder including gallstones. She is young and scared. Guide the medical staff to do their job thoroughly and swiftly.

1 comments:

Josh said...

Thank you for the card, and for your words. They carried a great deal of meaning in my heart. And you had nothing to do with my posting, or I should say not posting. I've stayed pretty technologically detached. It is a story in and of itself. I'd like to hang out for a day when I get home (if and when I get the chance), if that would be comfortable for you. Talk to you when I get home Suz.

Josh :)