Thursday, January 17, 2008

Running, running, running...

I have been going to the gym almost every day for the past 2 weeks. While I realize that 2 weeks really isn't a lot of time, I feel as though I haven't accomplished much at all. My weight hasn't changed all that much, just a few pounds (well... depending on which scale I use it can vary from a loss of 3 to 8 pounds). I feel as though my clothes are still too tight (there is a possibility that I have shrunk them all. I am not so great at laundry. This past load I turned all white things in to a pale blue/gray). Sigh.

My usual routine is to run/elliptical for about 30 minutes. Today I did that for 45 minutes because, well let's be honest, I ate a disgusting amount of rice krispy squares last night. Then on some days, I do arm strength training, and on the other days, I do leg strength training. I am trying to also get in about 50 crunches a day. That usually doesn't get done so much. But, I wouldn't think I NEED the crunches so much when I am doing the other stuff...

I have stayed OP (on-plan for all you non ww (weight watchers) people) this week. Which is clearly a good thing. Again, i haven't seen results of that either. Maybe i am doing something wrong, I am just not sure what. I am doing my best to eat at least 4 fruits and veggies a day... Maybe I need to work on what my points are being used towards. That could be a good goal. What is sad is the more healthy my food gets, the more expensive and time consuming it is.

Alright kids. I have 7 hours and 1o minutes left in this joint. It's possible I'll be back on after lunch for an update on the day.

Update:
So in other news...

I have been working at this health care facility since September as a per diem clinical assistant. That means, i am paid per hour and I have no benefits. That also means that technically, I can lose my job at any time because I may not be needed any more. (Anyone sense some foreshadowing?).

Yesterday my supervisor pulled me in to the office to let me know that after I am trained at this new section, I may not have a space when I get back. This shocked me, of course. Job security was something I never worried about. There was always something for me to do.

Well, not so much anymore. But, I am taking the higher ground. I have applied to full time positions and have an interview tomorrow. Hopefully all will go well.

The thing that bothers me is change. I don't want to meet new staff, new patients, new this and new that. I wish I could stick to what I know. But I guess that's how it goes. Always have to be on your guard and be prepared to change if needed. So yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It'll happen. I promise. And even if your metabolism doesn't feel like winning a dollar the first couple weeks, you KNOW it will work--it worked before and you lost like 30 lbs. You're doing great, and the results will catch up. Wooooooooo Suzi!! Also, I can't do laundry either. I shrink things on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

Also, it's nice to have you blogging again. Also, I am an idiot and forgot your shoes, so I will drop them off tomorrow unless you want to come home and sleep at my house tonight :)