Monday, April 9, 2007

How not to act on or after a date....

Tonight I went on a quick coffee date. I have emailed and chatted with Craig for a little while, and I finally felt comfortable to meet up with him. I was planning on studying in Starbucks tonight, so i suggested that we meet there. It was a public area so if for whatever reason he was sketchy, I had somewhere to go and people around me. I didn't think that he'd be a serial killer or anything because we had gotten to a comfortable place, and i was ready.

So, i was at Starbucks, with the computer and my biology homework. I looked cute, wearing my skinny jeans and my vest with cute white shirt. My hair was silky and shiny and i even was wearing some make up (shocking i know!). I ran into 2 friends while waiting for Craig to show up. It was nice to catch up and while i was chatting, Craig came in and introduced himself. My friends went home and we were left to talk.

I was really awkward. I totally had no clue what to say or how to act. I felt so uncomfortable, which made me feel even more self conscious and awkward. Our discussions were odd and there was a lot of uncomfortable silence. The end came and I was asked on another date, and i reluctantly agreed. I'm not good at purposely hurting someone. Then the goodbye was strange, with a lingering hug and hands on backs, and i just didn't know what to do.




Craig left, and then texted me saying "it wasn't so bad was it". I responded with "i'm still too nervous". I then went to text the wentworth boy, "i just had a horrible date. aah...", however, at the same time Craig was texting me.

Since all Gods are against me the text to the wentworth boy went to Craig. Oh yes folks. I could make the date even worse. Craig, being the bigger person, responded saying "it wasn't that bad was it..." and whatnot.

I talked to Ali and the wentworth boy and both had their nice little laughs, and told me that like a band-aid, i just needed to pull it off, quick and some what painless. So, after coming to terms with how much of an awful person I am, I sent an e-mail that hopefully conveyed how i feel in a i'm-not-a-complete-bitch way, though i am.

Lesson: don't act stupid and send a text to the wrong person.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well fruit fly - you really are a frigid bitch huh?

suzib said...

I really am. But don't be so mean or I'll punch you in the f*cking face.

Girl said...

Wow!! WOW!! That is AMAZING!! I am so sorry...but WOW!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like somebody needs some cuddling.