Monday, January 8, 2007

Renewal.

It inevitably happens each new year. Everyone decides to make new resolutions, new goals for the year, promises to themselves to become better. I, am no different. Except for the fact that I posted my resolutions, meaning people have read them, therefore know what they are. I have a little network of accountability partners set right in to my daily life, and i can honestly say without them, i doubt i could even pretend to get anywhere. Some may find that annoying, but for me, every person who says, did you really eat that whole cookie today or how's the guitar going is helping me. So, thank you.

On that note, i haven't picked up the guitar in a few days. I got busy and stressed about the death of my love, my mac. My dearest mac passed in the night of Thursday, January 4th while i was asleep. It's hard drive fell in to a deep coma, and is cannot be revived. Mac will be greatly missed by Suzi and her nightstand, as well as her Internet addiction. Nothing better to help an addict then to cut them off at the source. Perhaps with this newly freed time, i can actually work on the guitar thing. I have decided that once i start to budget, i will take a few lessons to get me in to it. Perhaps once every two weeks or something.

I have also decided to try and limit the amount of time i spend going out to eat. I think that is where most of my money goes. So, i will now limit that... that helps me learn how to cook, so it's great for me. Sucks for all my friends who are too lazy to come out to Somerville.

Health note: I joined the National Body Challenge. I get a free 8 week membership to Bally's as well as fitness tips and nutritional guidelines. I think that plus WW will make an excellent combo, and boost me to where i want to be - lighter.

I registered for classes, so i am well on my way for nursing school. Get those pre-reqs out of the way and then start applying. Does anyone want to volunteer to take my GRE's for me?

Traci had her baby, and i am now officially a Godmother. The strange thing, i am SO proud and excited. It feels almost like i had the kid, and am showing him for her. Also, i have been having major mommy pangs. Its just no good at all. Every where I go, i see babies, and i want one. Well, perhaps, i want the whole package. I dunno.

Anyways.

Please meet baby Gabriel Michael, born January 3rd, 6:31pm.
He is 5 pounds, 11oz and 18inches.






That's all for now. I'll get more regular again. Well, hopefully. My dear heterosexual life partner Kayla is letting me borrow her dear mac. i will be back on again :)

4 comments:

Girl said...

Huh...I know a Gabriel Scott who was just born on December 28! Must be the name of the year.

Anonymous said...

Suzi's mac is dead. Wail for mac. Will there be a memorial service?

I'd skip the kids and go straight to grandchildren. I want to be a 28 year old grandfather!

SRH said...

I thought John O was 56! I think Aunt/Godmother is the way to go. You get to spoil them and then send them back to their parents when they get whiny!

Anonymous said...

I'm 51 on the inside. My biological clock is one generation off. Werther's, anyone?