Thursday, January 11, 2007

ashamed to admit it...


Last night, i was watching the Real World. Yes, I watched it, willingly, before bed. Partially because i am awed by the sheer insanity of it and partially because they were in Colorado working with a program called Outward Bound and I thought it was really neat. I got to thinking about it and all the things the cast of Real World were doing, like rock climbing, belaying and hiking and I got all excited about all the things i want to do. And then i thought about why i wasn't doing them now, and realized its because i have been so ashamed of who i am and what i look like that i didn't want to trust anyone else to let me do the things i have always kinda deep down inside wanted to do. I realized that this whole weight loss thing will be more then just a smaller me, but a chance for me to feel comfortable with who I am, and do the things i really want to do, like go backpacking again, go hiking, go rock climbing and mountain biking.


Thanks Real World for actually doing something helpful for a change. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

if you do go backpacking, hiking, rock climbing and mountain biking, take me with its been along time since I have had a chance to do that kind of thing, and I miss being in the woods and surround by GOD creations.

Anonymous said...

MTV healed my soul.

SRH said...

Ooh, I want to go hiking too! (but I can't do anything strenuous -- yet). I want to play basketball too, but ww can't help with height :).

Anonymous said...

Hiking is wonderful, but I had some bad experiences with outward-bound type things in Jr. High. Mostly because the other people I went with were not quite mature enough for Jr. High.