Tuesday, December 19, 2006

copied from AdoptaMicrobe.blogspot.com

Bordetella pertussis


Hello.
You can call me B. pertussis.
I'm a Gram Negative bacteria.
I am spread to people by respiratory droplets.
I cause whooping cough, which can be highly fatal in infants.

How do I do this?
I get into the throat and make toxins.

First I give you a cough, then your throat swells up.
If it swells up enough, it can block your airway, giving your breathing a "whooping" sound.




____________________________________

I'm kinda used to being sick. It happens a lot, I know that, my friends know that, everyone knows that. And i only stay out of work when it will affect my co-workers or those i work with. But this time, it blows. Usually, i feel better with in a few days. This is going on day 6 of feeling run down, but the worst part - is my inability to breathe. There is this heavy weight on my chest so that when i try to take a normal breath all i do is choke and then cough up something green. Lovely, i know. It just really sucks. Really, really sucks. I hate it.

It's also possible that i might not be able to go to NYC with Patterson and friends. Which totally sucks. I have been looking for this all month, and now its going to be lost to a dumb cough.

I have no idea how work is going because I can barely talk, and usually its around 2 in the after when i can speak and no one is sitting at their desk.

The doctor isn't quite sure what is going on. It's possibly some normal bronchitis, pneumonia, or wonderful whooping cough. All which can be taken care of by anti-biotics. But, the chest x-ray they took was a little off, so the doctor and the radiologist are going over them today. Hopefully calling me to either tell me i'm dying or that i am 100% ok. Wonderful

I'm sorry to whine. It's a dumb little cough, but its making me angry. I encourage you all to send gifts, including new clothes, ipods and movies. Also read adoptamicrobe.blogspot.com and chart out which diseases i might get next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DoctorCuddles prescribes, um, cuddling.

Sarah said...

I think you should set up a paypal account for get well wishes :)