Sunday, July 30, 2006

Do i really want to shower?


These are our showers. And as i said before, its hott. Yes, that is a hott with 2 t's because it is so bloody hot. But thankfully, i am getting used to it. Which also means the desire to shower is getting less and less and the dirty hippie in me is begining to reveal its ugly yet beautiful head. Its not that I don't want to be clean, its just that i keep sweating through everything that i don't want to waste more clothes. And also, the showers scare me.

I have been up since 6, ready to gut. That was only to find out that we would be put on the grounds team, meaning cleaning the lovelyness here. Oh did i say lovelyness, i meant to say we were cleaning the shit that someone left in the showers. Apparently this isn't an uncommon occurance, the incident can be blamed on the person known as "the shower shitter". GREAT. So now everything is clean. Mike and I are just waiting around. Later we will be helping someone move in.

Wonderful story about bed time. Befoe bed, I was told about the spiders that are in the ungutted houses. The can be sizes of fists and are poisonous. I went to sleep before most others, i was exhausted. When Mike came in, i stirred and noticed something crawl into my towel which was folded on the bookcase. I obviously had a fit and Mike saved the day by removing my imaginary spider. Mike came back and said it was all taken care of. Today whle sweeping, i found a 4 inch cockroach in front of our room and that indeed was the culprit of the evening before. I can do cockroaches, i can not handle the idea of fist sized poisionous spiders.


WONDERFUL.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the shower shitter reminds me of that story from David Sedaris: "We were well into the summer reruns when our household was shaken up by a series of very real crimes no TV detective could ever hope to crack. Someone in our family had taken to wiping his or her ass on the bath towels. What made this exceptionally disturbing was that all our towels were fudge-colored. You'd be drying your hair when, too late, you noticed an unmistakable odor on your hands, head, and face. If nothing else, life in the suburbs promised that you might go from day to day without finding shit in your hair.... The criminal hit all three bathrooms, pausing just long enough to convince the rest of us that it was finally safe to let down our guard. I might spend twenty minutes carefully sniffing the towel only to discover that this time the asshold had used the washcloth." Have fun with that :).